Basic PvP Operations Certification
From Agony Unleashed
|This article has been nominated for deletion. If you do not wish the page to be deleted please make your opinion known to the administrators.|
- Evaluator Required Certifications:
- Basic PVP Operations
- Evaluator Rank Requirements:
- Approximate testing time: 50 minutes
- Gunnery and Weapons
- Explain the basics of how guns do damage to ships.
- Explain the effects of speed and ship size on the impact of missiles.
- Explain the operation of drones and what effects EWAR has directly on the actual drones.
- Demonstrate (explain) you know how to make tactical bookmarks and name them appropriately so they can be shared with others.
- Define and demonstrate (explain) the concept of mini warping. List 5 different things you can miniwarp to.
- Explain how to align, importance of alignment in fleet movement and when you can get away with cold warping in a fleet.
- Demonstrate (talk about) that you are able to navigate alone through 0.0 space in a high speed frigate without getting killed by talking about techniques you use to avoid camps or escape from camps you jump in on.
- What is the session timer and how do you enable it? What are the uses of it in PvP or PvE?
- How do you stop your ship while undocking using the keyboard w/o breaking your invulnerability?
- Explain the pros and cons of using a microwarp drive.
- Explain when you should warp to a covert ops ship at zero and when not.
- Explain an "Undock bookmark". Explain how you make one, and why you'd want more than one. Demonstrate the use of an undock bookmark while someone is trying to tackle you.
- What is a safe spot? How do you make a safe spot and label the bookmark? Explain the difference between a safe spot, a mid-safe and a deep-safe.
- What are the dangers in copying off-grid tactical bookmarks or safe spots and give them to other members, even people you trust. Does this mean you never warp anyone else to that spot? Explain your position.
- You are warping to a gang member (at 0) who is moving, powering away from a gate. You initiate warp when he is 50km off the gate and come out when he is 100km off the gate. How far from the gate do you come out ? Explain why you answered as you did.
- You jump into a system with hostiles in local but not on scan. You don't have a tac for the gate you want to warp to, and there are no celestial objects in scan range of the gate that you wish to warp to. What can you do?
- Explain the following communication keywords: "Battlecomms", "Recon", "Break Break".
- Explain the difference between valid intel that should not be said during battlecoms and when that intel should be said during battlecoms. Explain where non-essential intel should go so that it eventually gets processed.
- Explain how you should respond to a gang leader who asks what Eve Leadership skills people have in the squad. How can you help him decide who to make squad booster?
- How do you know when an enemy is attempting to target you.
- Explain the difference between a skirmisher and a scout.
- Explain the Hydra Principle and its importance to a fleet of ships.
- If you were flying with a mixed fleet (a combination of all ship types including battlecruisers and battleships) and could bring out any tech 1 frigate, what would you bring out and why?
- Explain how to fit up a tech 1 frigate and destroyer and if there are any special considerations for these ships.
- Explain how to perform "Probe Duty" and "Local" duty and their importance in combat.
- Explain the importance of Eve's Leadership skills in a gang.
- Explain what the "weapons timer" is (aka "aggression timer"), how and what it affects, and how long it lasts.
- Explain proper procedure for sitting at safe spots for a long period of time.
- List 5 different mistakes that can get you killed in PvP in a fleet or in solo. Answers like "not listening to the FC" will not be accepted. Come up with specific examples and explain them to your evaluator. You shoud include not only the mistake but any necessary precursors to that mistake, how it was a mistake and how it could be avoided.
- Explain why you would want to keep equipment and ships in different stations and/or systems.
- Basic PVP Operations Evaluator Helper (Available to Agony members only)