High Speed Long Range Certification
From Agony Unleashed
|This article has been nominated for deletion. If you do not wish the page to be deleted please make your opinion known to the administrators.|
- Available only to AGONY Empire Pilots
- Required AGONY Rank: Lt Cmdr+
- Evaluator Required Certifications:
- Certification Evaluator
- High Speed Long Range Certification
- Evaluator Rank Requirements:
- Lieutenant Commander
- Evaluatee Requirements:
- Read an understand the material in the High Speed Long Range Gang Article
- Approximate testing time: 40m
Content in development
- Fleet Composition and Movement
- What are the three general categories of ships in an HSLR gang and what do they each do?
- What are the key attributes for a ship in an HSLR gang and why are they important?
- What sorts of ships work well in an HSLR gang?
- Why is it important for everyone to be similarly fitted?
- Individual Piloting
- Pick 3 different ships which fit into at least 2 of the general categories and describe how you would go about fitting them for an HSLR gang.
- Explain how gang instructions in an HSLR gang differ from typical gangs and how you should react to a gang leader's commands.
- When flying an ewar ship what sorts of targets should you focus on putting ewar on?
- If the gang leader doesn't explicitly state an align point what should you do?
- When flying an interceptor should you hold the align point?
- If the gang is aligned towards a planet and you need to warp out, where should you warp to?
- You're flying a sniping ship and taking on a sizeable enemy fleet. You microwarp to a point where there are no longer any targets within range, but your gangmates are still burning away and firing, what should you do?
- You're flying an interceptor, the gang leader calls out an enemy interceptor as primary. The target is between your fleet and the gate, along with several other interceptors and a rapier or two, what should you do?
- You're flying a sniping ship and have a vagabond rapidly running you down, the gang leader is still calling out primaries and telling people to try popping their interceptors, what should you do?
- Tactical Analysis
- Why do HSLR gangs utilize a common align point and why is this key to the tactic?
- What are the different ways to deal with superior force and what are the benefits of HSLR tactics?
- How does the HSLR tactic compare to the hydra principle? What are the benefits of one over the other?
- How does an HSLR gang compare to a traditional sniping gang and why is this important?
- When first starting an HSLR gang what are the most important pieces to get into place first?
- Participate in at least 2 HSLR gangs, filling different roles each time.
- Contribute to an AAR for at least one of the gangs, focusing on your own personal performance.