Ship Content Guidelines
|This article has been nominated for deletion. If you do not wish the page to be deleted please make your opinion known to the administrators.|
This is a guide to creating and managing ship content.
Ship content falls into main 3 categories:
- Ship information
- Ship setups
For each category there are at least to classifications: Public and Agony private.
- If a page will contain information private to Agony then create it in the Agony namespace. To do this prepend "Agony:" to the page name. For example "Agony:Curse".
- If there is both a public and private version of a page, then the private version should include a link to the public version.
Declassifying a page
If a page is to be declassified, do not simply re-categorize it or move it out of the Agony namespace. Instead follow these steps:
- Create a new page and copy the most recent (now declassified) contents from the old page to the new one.
- Edit the old page and redirect it to the new page. To do this replace the contents of the old page with #REDIRECT [[NewPage]]
Ship Information Page
- Each ship page should be categorized with it's:
- ship race (e.g. [[Category:Caldari]]),
- ship class (e.g. [[Category:Frigate]]),
- ship name (e.g. [[Category:Merlin]]),
- and the category [[Category:Ship]].
- Public information about the ship class should be placed in the category page.
Public Ship information
- Public ship information should be placed in a page named after the ship.
- Links to all public ship setup pages should be included on the public ship page.
- Links to all relevant public tactics pages should be included.
Agony private ship information
- A page named Agony:Shipname should be created. A link to the public ship page should be included.
- Links to all Agony private ship setups should be included on the page.
- Links to all relevant Agony private tactics pages should be included.
Ship Setup Page
- The name of the ship setup page should begin with the ship name.
- If the setup is related to a tactic, then the tactics name or acronym should be appended to the page name (e.g. Merlin_(Fishing)).
- If a ship can have multiple roles within a tactic and those roles require different setups then the role name should be appended after the tactic acronym.
- Each ship setup page should be categorized with:
- the ship name (e.g. [[Category:Merlin]]),
- the ship class (e.g. [[Category:Frigate]]),
- and the the setup category [[Category:Ship Setup]].
- Each ship setup page should include a link to the public (or privilege) ship information page.
- Each ship setup page related to a tactic should include a link to that tactic.
- Do not include screen shots of EFT. Include the actual ship configuration. The reason for this is that the statistics calculated by EFT are skill dependent and can be misleading to a newcomer to the setup.
- When possible, include the minimum skills required to fit a described setup. This will help newcomers know which setups they can actually use.
- If there are several variations on a setup that are tailored to different skill levels then include them all on the same page, and sort them from least skill intensive, to most skill intensive.
- The tactics page should include links to all ship setup pages related to that setup.
- The tactics page should be categorized with [[Category:Tactic]].