Getting into PVP in EVE can be a daunting thing. When you are a newer player and you look around, all you see are people in fantastic, and often very large ships. Newer players may assume that bigger is better and a battleship would always beat a smaller ship. However, you should be aware that even the newest player in the game can take down that ship if they have the help of a few good friends and the tenacity to try. What is more, they can do it without sustaining a single casualty. In the past Agony has shown this by taking out battleships with only a few tech 1 frigates.
However, to accomplish this, you will need training. Training is the difference between that battleship wiping out your friends and you wiping him out. Agony classes will train you and others like you to fly in combat and use your ship, no matter what ship it is, to the fullest of your abilities. We have been doing this kind of training since February of 2006 and the current course material is generational in nature. It has been preened and refined over the years to turn your most devoted carebear into a powerful pilot in a few hours.
After taking these classes, you will be better prepared to defend yourself no matter what your position in the game. If you are in an empire corporation, you will find a need to defend yourself from pirates and highsec racketeers. These courses can teach you how to start blowing their ships up using cheap ships and having little skill points in combat skills. If you are an alliance, the courses can benefit your members teaching them how to function well in fleets, how to keep discipline on voice comms and how to execute fleet commander's orders. Ever get sick and tired of explaining what aligning is or how the gate aggression rules work? if so then send your pilots through the courses here and you could save a mountain of your time and your members' lost ships.
You can read more about class schedule, enrollment details, and sign up for classes via Agony PVP University enrollment forum.
Also take a look at the PVP University FAQs:
- FAQ - Signing Up for a Class/Class Accounts
- FAQ - Class Preparation/Attending the Class
- FAQ - After the Class
Agony has three 'core' classes. These classes are designed as a progression, and students are required to take each class before they can attend a more advanced one.
Please note that these classes alone are not sufficient to make you a skilled PVPer! It is highly recommended that students seek additional PVP experience between classes!
- PVP-BASIC: Provides a pilot with the basic knowledge and competence to take part in PVP fleets in 0.0 space.
- PVP-WOLFPACKS: Builds on skills taught in Basics, focuses on strategic fleet movement, expands on 0.0 survival skills, and provides a basic introduction to flying in more specialized gang types.
- PVP-INTERMEDIATE: Coming soon! Builds on skills taught in both Basics and Wolfpacks, introduction to flying with specialized fleet roles/squads (ECM squads, Logistic squads), builds on use of specialized gang types.
- PVP-ADVANCED: Begins the move from follower to leader; developing tactical threat assessment, developing specialized gang types, expands on flying with specialized fleet roles/squads.
Occasionally, Agony will run classes on specialist topics. These may be semi-regular or one-offs, and as a result the exact content may vary from class to class. Below are examples of some previous specialist classes that we have run. Please note that there is no guarantee that any or all of these classes will be run again in the near future.
- PVP-SKIRMISHING: Seek and Destroy. Learn the basics of locating and locking down a target.
- PVP-FLEET COMMAND: Learn the basics of organizing and running a fleet.
- PVP-COVOPS: Advanced training on operating Covert Ops frigates such as the Buzzard, Cheetah, Helios, and Anathema.
- PVP-FLYBYS: Flyby sniping tactics in destroyers and larger ships.
- ELECTRONIC WARFARE: Learn the Basics of using electronic warfare to benefit your gang.
- INTERDICTORS: The art of entrapment.
The following seminars have been recorded and are publicly available:
- Public Access BASIC FLEET COMMAND Seminar, Nov 2009
- "Eyes of the Killer" - Scouts and Skirmishers in PVP, May 2010 (Builds on the Fleet Command seminar)
- Sanfrey's Drunken PVP (Elite PVP Seminar)
- FC seminar held by Azual and Glepp for RvB, August 2011 Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
- PVP-WOLFPACKS Preparation Checklist
- PVP-WOLFPACKS Reading Material
- Recommended Setups for PVP-Wolfpacks
And for those that want to see their name in lights (so to speak), you can find the graduate lists below:
- PVP Basic Graduates
- PVP Wolfpack Graduates
- PVP Covert Ops Graduates
- PVP Flybys Graduates
- PVP Advanced Graduates
- PVP Capsupport Graduates