Checking for killmails in the combat log
This guide describes how to view your kills and losses in your combat log.
Why The Kill-mail ?
The term killmail originates from older versions of the Eve client. On successfully killing a ship a evemail was sent to the character that laid the final blow. Hence the origin of the killmail term, In Eve Trinity ship kill / loss notifications are presented in a different way.
Viewing Your Kills / Losses
To view your kills / losses:
- Open your 'Character Information sheet'
- On the lefthand toolbar panel of the 'Character Information sheet' select 'Combat log'
- Select the 'Kill' or 'loss' tab
- Jump for joy or shed a tear as you admire your kills / losses
NOTE: As opposed to the old Evemail notification system, there is no flashy icon to indicate that you have received a kill / loss notification
Copying Kill Information For Killboards
It is possible to copy the kill / loss information into the windows clipboard allowing this information to be pasted into killboard websites:
- Right click on the kill/loss notification you wish to post to your killboard website
- Select 'Copy Kill Information' from the popup menu
- Navigate to your killboard using a out of game web browser and paste the kill/loss notification onto the website