A stealth bomber is a glass ship with the capability to execute devastating attacks. The cruise-fitted stealth bomber can be employed in ways that cause massive psychological reaction amongst the targets, breaking up gate camps and scoring kills. When you consider that two cloaked bombers have the striking power of a battleship, that is a significant threat on the battlefield. What's more, unlike a battleship, bombers are built to kill light ships and can do it very well. The bomb launching bomber is a vicious piece of hardware when employed properly on the battlefield. A small group of bomb launchers can devastate a camp of dozens of ships, turning many of them into smoking wrecks in the process.
However, Bombers are one of the most challenging ships to fly in the game. Their impact is countered by their fragility. In untrained hands, a bomber is a death trap for the pilot. AGONY has been researching bombers since their introduction and have developed a plethora of tactics and skills that will allow even a small coordinated organization to put the hurt on a larger one. This class will teach you how to turn that little inconspicuous ship into something so mean that your opponents won't want to sit on gate camps when you are in local.
In this class you will learn many skills, among them are the following:
- Stealth Bomber Fitting
- Specialization for Bombs
- Specialization for Cruise Missiles
- Modifications for Fishing
- Stealth Bomber Evasion and Maneuvering
- Stealth Bomber Bookmarking (Specialized tactical bookmarks)
- Bomb Tactics
- Snapshot Bombing
- Escape Bombing
- Blink Bombing
- Timed Bombing
- Cruise Tactics
- Distance Versus Close Missile Combat
- Fishing with a Bomber
- Bomber on Bomber warfare
- Team Missile tactics.
The instructor will assume that you have studied the articles relevant to the class prior to attending class. You can find those relevant articles listed below in the index for your convenience. Remember that in PvP University classes, it is your responsibility to do the learning. We can only provide the information, you have to decide to learn it. The well prepared student has read all of the articles at least once, and preferably more times, and has set aside the time to attend the class from other obligations. Furthermore, the eager to learn student will turn off the TV and other distractions and devote their attention to the class.
Some of these skills are lengthy. I recommend that you get started on them immediately. When training long skills like Missile Bombardment 5, I recommend that you put in two implants for the attributes needed for that skill - Perception and Willpower. The better the implants, the faster you will train. Put in only those two and if you get podded, don't change training until the skill is done. That way you will gain the benefits of the implants until the skill training is done. Also it is recommended that you use EveMon to build a training plan for this course.
- Missile Bombardment 5 (Note: 20 day training time!)
- Missile Projection 3+
- Rapid Launch 3+
- Target Navigation Prediction 3+
- Bomb Deployment 4+
- Covert Ops 3+
- Cruise Missiles3+
- Sensor Linking 4+
- Signal Suppression 3+
- Evasive Maneuvering 3+
- Navigation 3+
- Cloaking 3+
It will be assumed by the instructor that all of the following preparation has been done prior to the start of the course. The instructor will assume you have read all articles and won't rehash them completely. Furthermore, the instructor will not make the entire class wait if you are not present or don't have your headset working.
- Study the Agony Empire Rules of Engagement
- Read all articles indexed below.
- Buy and fit at least 2 ships and move them to the course location.
- Download the Eve Fitting Tool (EFT) and install the tool. Import your character's skills and input the setup of your ships.
- Come on Ventrilo before the course to verify that your microphone and headset are working.
- Arrive BEFORE the class and set your clone location and make sure your clone is up to date.
- Install the Test Server and make sure your skills are up to date there. (See Setting Up the Test Server Client)
Important note: The test server does not automatically mirror your skills. You need to verify the skills you have on the test server early, as you may need to work out a training schedule on the test server in order to complete the class!
Please note that there are two locations for this class. The instruction is done on the test server but the actual in-game combat will be done on the live server. On the test server the class will take place in x-7omu Sisters of Eve Academy which is a fully seeded station.
- What kind of Ship do we need for the course?
- Two stealth bombers with swappable fittings for bombs and cruise configuration.
- Why do AGONY pilots fly different ships in the class?
- AGONY pilots that are not students and not in the required class of ship may be scouts, skirmishers, recon pilots or fulfilling any number of other roles for the class. AGONY students to the class should show up in the same class of equipment as the other students.
- What qualifications does this class give me within AGONY
- Graduates will be considered as having passed the practical portions of the Stealth Bomber Operation Certification and the Stealth Bomber Fishing Certification. You will still need to answer theory questions.
Instructor's Materials (RESTRICTED)
PVP-BOMBERS Course Curriculum