Interceptor Combat Specialist Certification
From Agony Unleashed
|This article has been nominated for deletion. If you do not wish the page to be deleted please make your opinion known to the administrators.|
- Evaluator Fee: 15M ISK
- Agony Empire Fee: 5M ISK
- Free for AGONY Rank: Lieutenant+
- Evaluator Required Certifications:
- Certification Evaluator
- Interceptor Combat Specialist
- Evaluator Rank Requirements:
- Lieutenant Commander
- Evaluatee Required Certifications:
- Evaluatee Recommended Certifications:
- Approximate testing time: 40m
- What is special about an interceptor and what bonuses / abilities should determine how you fly it?
- Explain the difference between a short range interceptor and a long range interceptor, and what their respective roles are. (please note this does not refer to the difference between combat interceptors and interdiction/tackling bonused interceptors, but rather to the difference in weapon range and how that affects interceptor combat and flight)
- Explain the dangers of tackling the following ship types: destroyers, assault & electronic assault, heavy assault, recon & battleships, and which specific ships you need to be especially careful about.
- Explain the dangers of tackling a hostile in an asteroid belt, and how environmental factors affect the way you fly your interceptor. (Asteroid belts, Gates, Stations, Deadspace missions & exploration complexes, etc)
- Explain why an interceptor pilot should never use approach except when bumping and what the proper procedure is for approaching targets.
- Explain why you shouldn't sit motionless whether on a gate or station when theres an enemy carrier, battleship, or other combat ship nearby.
- Explain what a bubble trap is and how to avoid or escape it.
- Explain how you can escape a situation where you jump into a system with a large bubble camp with distance webbing.
- Explain what a TAM is, and demonstrate how to perform a TAM on a target, as well as tactical fleet positioning.
- Explain why bumping with an interceptor is not a good idea.
- Demonstrate how you can use manual flying to escape another (faster) interceptor who is tackling you.
- Familiarize yourself with how Tech 1 Frigate Fishing works.
- Explain why Fishing works and how you can avoid being caught or kill the fisher.
- General Fitting questions
- Explain the way Nanofibers, Overdrives, Inertial Stabilizers stack with their rig counterparts.
- In which situations would you fit an armor repairer, plate, or shield extender in an interceptor?
- Explain how your mid-and low-slot selections affect your choice of weapons, and the role that you take in a fleet.